Oh, the irony!
We spent years trying to banish shine; matte was our motto.
Fast forward decades and we are doing everything we can to bring back that youthful Glow.
Why? Because matte is flat whereas shine reflects the light, illuminates the face, and makes it radiant.
A discovery I’m loving from the drugstore: L’Oreal Colour Riche Shine lipstick. The oil-infused formula is soft, creamy, and hydrating and adds a brilliant shine.
- Rich formula, balm-like
- Gorgeous crystal-like tube banded in gold
- Easy to apply, even without a mirror
- Comfortable to wear, doesn’t dry out lips
- Great pigment payoff, buildable (but the red only needs one swipe, it’s more intense)
- Not sticky or gloopy
- No taste or smell
- Good wear but not all day – needs to be reapplied periodically especially after eating
- Feels like a luxury lipstick – some have compared it to YSL’s Rouge Volupté Shine
TO BUY: Amazon