Want to improve your skin?
Step One: Acids.
Without spending a fortune?
Step Two: The Ordinary
WHAT DO ACIDS DO?
Acids gently exfoliate the skin. They brighten the compexion, improve texture and smoothness, and some even work to clean out pores. AHAs and BHAs are chemical exfoliants, not physical exfoliants. (Goodbye, St. Ives Apricot Scrub and irritating plastic beads. Not good.)
HOW TO USE
- Apply to skin. Do not rinse. Avoid the eye area.
- Acids increase your skin’s sensitivity to the sun and particularly the possibility of sunburn. Use a sunscreen daily.
- If you are using more than one, layer BHA before AHA.
WHEN TO USE
Acids in the morning; Retinols at night.
WHICH ONES TO USE
GLYCOLIC: alpha hydroxy acid (AHA) Improves radiance, clarity, and texture. Helps to lighten dark spots, reduce fine lines. This formula contains 7% glycolic acid, amino acids, aloe vera, ginseng, and tasmanian pepperberry.
LACTIC: alpha hydroxy acid (AHA). Improves radiance, clarity, and texture. Reduces hyperpigmentation and fine lines. Is gentler than glycolic acid. Great for sensitive skin. This formula also contains a purified Tasmanian pepperberry known to reduce signs of inflammation and sensitivity. Comes in two strengths: 5% and 10%.
SALICYLIC: beta hydroxy acid (BHA). Use for blemishes, congested skin, blackheads, dullness, uneven texture, hyper-pigmentation.
THE MORNING ACID ROUTINE with a little wait time between each step:
- Acids (I use Glycolic Acid applied with a cotton pad; once dry, then Lactic Acid applied with fingers)
- Vitamin C+ E Ferulic Acid serum
- Co-Enzyme Q10 + Hylauronic Acid
Putting your skin on acids will transform it. Expect softer, smoother, more refined /perfected skin. If your skin in sensitive, start slow and low. After about a week, my skin got a glass-like smoothness with an amazing glow.
Good skin is a beautiful thing.
THE ORDINARY ACIDS AVAILABLE HERE:
- Deciem: Glycolic Acid 7% Toning Solution, Lactic Acid 5% + HA, Lactic Acid 10% + HA, Salicylic Acid 2% Solution. Deciem Vancouver
- Sephora: Glycolic Acid 7% Toning Solution, Lactic Acid 10% + HA 2%, Salicylic Acid 2% Solution
- Hudson’s Bay: Lactic Acid 10% + HA 2%; Salicylic Acid 2% Solution