So, on this Valentine’s Eve, unless you have been planning and prepping for days or weeks in advance, you’ll need to adopt this Big Effect – Little Effort beauty strategy.
Use your favourite bath, skincare, and make-up products—this is not the time to test new things and risk a big, red, blotchy reaction just when you want to look your very best. So unless it’s something minor like a new nail polish or a different shade of lipstick, just stick to the tried and true.
If you are opting out of VD festivities, then this glamorous guide is for just another day. You’ll look fabulous running errands, walking the dog, and whilst watching Netflix in bed with a bowl of popcorn.
THE BEAUTY TO-DO LIST
- Manicure & Pedicure do it yourself, or get thee to an esthetician. Opt for a coloured polish.
- Face Mask leaves skin looking radiant and relaxes the rest of you, too.
- Deep Conditioner/ Hair Mask for shiny strands and well-behaved hair just take the time to do it.
- Apply Make-Up Primer to face, lids, and lips to ensure your make-up lasts all evening
- Hair Style consider an elegant up-do, then wear more opulent earrings.
- Fragrance is the finishing touch just don’t over do it.
MAKE-UP LIKE A PRO
- Face: Aim for a luminous finish: your skin but better; not a mask. Powder only forehead, nose, chin.
- Eyes: Add a little (gold) shimmer in the centre of the lid; lots of mascara or false eyelashes for instant glamour. Defining the brows frames the eyes and draws attention to the face.
- Cheeks: Blush, contour, and highlighter. Blend, blend, blend.
- Lips: Line and fill in with pencil (Nude to cheat the shape, or matched to lipstick shade); apply lipstick from bullet, blot, reapply. A bit of sheen reflects candlelight beautifully and gives a multi-dimensional, full-bodied effect. Red is a classic shade. There’s one for everyone.
Post Illustration: Garance Doré