Your basic skincare practice: Cleanse, Tone, Moisturise, is good, especially if your skin is good to begin with; but Cleanse, Tone, Serums, Moisturise is even better. Much better—especially for women of a certain age. Serums are Game-Changers for the skin.
Serums are serious skin-transforming products. They can do wonders for the skin because they deliver highly potent, active, and effective ingredients not just to the surface of the skin, but right to the cellular level of your skin where they are most needed and can do the most good. Their amazing benefits include:
- Improving Texture
- Daily Defence Against Environmental & Sun Damage
- Reducing Acne
- Reducing Wrinkles, Lines, Discolouration
Not all serums are created equal, and price does not necessarily equate to quality or effectiveness. Concentrations are important, as are actives. Key ingredients to look for? Number one: hyaluronic acid. Hyaluronic acid is a super moisturiser: it holds 1,000 times its weight in water, making it one of the most moisturizing compounds in the world!
This is my second order of Timeless Skin Care serums. Two are repeats—Vitamin C and Matrixyl 3000 serums—and one is new—Matrixyl S6. Serums have become a mainstay of my skincare routine and anti-ageing arsenal. To say that they have worked wonders on my skin is not an over-statement. My skin looks smoother, younger, and more luminous than it did before I began using two serums day and night.
Not only that, but these serums are all natural, fragrance-free, made in the USA, and simple to use. They come in dark blue glass bottles with an eyedropper dispenser and I keep mine in the refrigerator for maximum freshness and to slow down oxidation. They are not oily or sticky and do not leave any residue. Nor are they drying or irritating to the skin, and do not cause breakouts. Above all, they really work. Here is the run-down:
Timeless Vitamin C + E Ferulic Acid Serum | 20%L-Ascorbic Acid, 1% Vitamin E, .5% Ferulic Acid, .5% Hyaluronic Acid
- antioxidant that evens out skin tone and helps build collagen
- Vitamin E enhances Vitamin C’s ability to protect the skin from sun damage
- Ferulic Acid increases the effectiveness of Vitamin C and Vitamin E eight-fold
- apply 2-3 drops to fingertips and smooth evenly onto cleansed skin morning and night
Matrixyl 3000 Serum | 8% Matrixyl 3000, 1% Hyaluronic Acid
- helps reverse the signs of ageing
- helps ageing skin behave like young skin
- reduces photo-damage
- powerful anti-wrinkle ingredient used as an alternative to Retin A. Increases collagen synthesis up to 350%
- apply 2-3 drops to fingertips and smooth onto cleansed skin morning and night
Matrixyl S6 Serum | 2% Matrixyl S6, 1% Hyaluronic Acid
- contains a powerful peptide that targets six skin-rebuilding functions
- helps reverse the signs of ageing
- evens out skin and smoothes wrinkles from the inside by rebuilding the skin where it is needed, particularly on the forehead and crow’s feet
- apply 2-3 drops to fingertips and smooth onto cleansed skin morning or night
Investing in your skin, rather than cosmetic cover-ups is smart as you get older. Especially since as one ages, less make-up is much more flattering than more. That means that your skincare has to be in top form. You’ve learned many a caring-for-your-face lesson along the way, like ditching the scrubs and using a face-cloth instead, and generally being gentle and respectful of the skin you’re in.
Yes, we do have to grow old gracefully, but when it comes to looking old, we can put up a good fight. Start with serums.
Timeless Skin Care Serums purchased from The Daisies, here