I am not a morning person. I cannot face a green smoothie to start my day.
Like Winnie-the-Pooh (bread, honey, and condensed milk) and Paddington Bear (buns and cocoa) who enjoyed Elevenses, I like to eat later-ish. The bears were right; eleven o’clock is excellent.
My notion of a civilized breakfast: Cranberry Bread Pudding with a drizzle of cream, and a cup of tea. No, not every day, but today.
I think Pooh and Paddington would approve.
2 egg yolks
1 1/4 c. heavy cream
1 1/4 c. whole milk
1/4 c. maple syrup
1 tsp. vanilla
- Butter a glass Pyrex baking dish
- Spread Cranberry Ginger Preserves over the bottom (I made my own using the recipe on the bag of cranberries & added freshly grated ginger)
- Fill dish with dry cubed bread (I used Portofino Cranberry bread & some sourdough)
- Sprinkle in some dried cranberries
- Whisk egg mixture. Pour over bread.
- Sprinkle course sugar on top
- Bake 350°F, 30-40 minutes. Eat warm.