Thy Shalt: Improvise, Improvise, Improvise
Remember Scarlet O’Hara (Gone With the Wind)? She needed a fancy dress, was out of money, and so made one (well, got Mammy to) out of the green velvet curtains from Tara. That’s improvising. To say nothing of a whole lot of determination and a large measure of pluck.
With the Internet offering browsing and shopping 24/7 and fashions at every price point; ranging from new to vintage to rare, there probably is little need to stitch your drapery into dresses. But it just goes to show that looking polished and poised is not about how much money you have to spend on your wardrobe and accessories, it’s about having a fashion sense, and an eye for detail.
POST ARTWORK: Robert Best
SEE THE SERIES:
- Style Commandment #1: Thy Shalt: Wear Clothes That Fit
- Style Commandment #2: Thy Shalt: Create A Signature
- Style Commandment #3: Thy Shalt: Be Daring
- Style Commandment #4: Thy Shalt: Improvise, Improvise, Improvise
- Style Commandment #5: Thy Shalt: Never Let Fashion Get In the Way of Style
- Style Commandment #6: Thy Shalt: Break the Rules
- Style Commandment #7: Thy Shalt: Live & Learn
- Style Commandment #8: Thy Shalt: Turn The World Into Thy Runway
- Style Commandment #9: Thy Shalt: Turn Style Into Substance